Webinar Event: Ethical Considerations in the Practice of New York State Article 81 Guardianship Law: Post Appointment and Termination
When: February 10th, 2022, 5:00 - 6:30pm EST
This is the 4th panel in series of webinars that began in March of 2021, co-sponsored by Project Guardianship and LegalHealth (a division of the New York Legal Assistance Group). In this webinar, panelists discuss difficult ethical questions that arise when a guardian or benefactor may deem it necessary to terminate the guardianship. We will hear from different perspectives, including lay guardians and agency guardians on how to maintain healthy relationships between guardians and benefactors. Topics include cultural competency, family mediation, and routes to terminate guardianships. We will also explore when to consider least-restrictive alternatives to guardianship.
- Gillian Ballentine-Alman is involved with the Part 36 Fiduciary list, and served as Counsel for Article 81 Guardian, Court Evaluator, and Attorney for the AIP.
- John Holt, Director of Legal Services and Policy at Project Guardianship.
- Olga R. Perez, Director of the Office of Court Administration Guardian Assistance Network Programs
- Georgeann Caporal Papadakos, Supervising Attorney of the Kingsborough Office of Mental Hygiene Legal Services
- Rachel Gerson, Assistant Clinical Professor at Seton Hall Law School in the Health Justice Clinic